UKCAT Admission Preparation Course
Step Into My Shoes provides support for students seeking expert guidance on the UKCAT, (Clinical Aptitude Test) preparation course. The UKCAT is a British university admissions exam required for entry into Medicine or Dentistry courses at selected universities. For students interested in preparing this test, please register your interest or email email@example.com. The exam itself is psychometric, not knowledge-based, and has 5 sub-test sections:
- Verbal reasoning
- Decision making
- Quantitative reasoning
- Abstract reasoning
- Situational judgement
We offer a 2 day course, structured as two day-long sessions on Sundays. This allows us to give you the chance to absorb and practice the techniques we teach you in the first session and then time to re-consolidate and fine tune your exam strategy in the second session. You’ll have access to original resources, including UKCAT style exam questions and a mock test. Students are required to check with the University whether their course requires them to sit the UKCAT.
Dates: Dates and Registration for this course will open shortly.
Need more information on the course, feel free to contact us.
UKCAT Test Preparation
Day 1: 10:00-16:30
1 hour on each of the 5 UKCAT subtest sections: half of this will be strategy and technique, with the other half being timed practice questions. We’ll send you away with guidance on how to structure your practice for the following week in order to optimise your preparation.
Day 2: 10:00-16:30
The second session will consist of 1 hour on each of the 5 UKCAT subtest sections, in a ‘clinic’ like fashion, with further work on strategy and technique, and a small mock test at the end of the sessions. We’ll work on polishing your technique and boosting your exam confidence, with further guidance on how to prepare for the final few days running up until your exam in order to maximise your potential.
- Five hour weekly session across 2 consecutive weeks taught by an expert instructor
- Instruction on test strategy, technique and content
- Course material and additional resources including original material
Our lead instructors are top percentile scorers themselves with several years of teaching experience and track records of continual success. Our instructors tutor & teach specific subjects and are experts in admissions test preparation. They are in the unique position to understand the common ground across all school curriculums and various exam boards to identify the additional competencies necessary to achieve a high score in the relevant entrance exams. We recruit teachers who have been trained at highly selective and academic universities. The majority of our teachers attended Oxbridge and Imperial for their university studies.
Why Choose Step Into My Shoes?
- To the best of our knowledge, we are the only private providers of admissions test preparation courses in the UK across several weeks. We believe that spreading classes across multiple weeks rather than cramming material into a weekend session or day, is the best and most effective way of preparing students for the test. All the science behind revision suggests we are right.
- Our course preparation includes a focus on test strategy and technique.
- We believe in homework and that students learn best by doing. Our curated handouts are designed to help students digest and master the concepts learned in the classroom through further practice at home.
- We believe in the benefits of group study. It allows for differing approaches and knowledge to be shared broadening one’s understanding of a subject and enhancing thinking skills. This is also particularly useful for students sitting subject interviews at a later date.